Friday 27 August 2010

Yamaha Makes It Official: Spies Gets Factory Ride for 2011

While the legendary Doctor Rossi has over Yamaha, a young, athletic also ambitious Texan temperament take his place in 2011.  Yamaha represent it official (okay, it wasn’t much connected with a surprise) that MotoGP rookie Ben Spies temperament join the factory Yamaha team consequent year alongside current points leader Jorge Lorenzo.  Lin Jarvis, Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing, congratulates Ben in the photo above.  Here is the Yamaha press release.


Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd is delighted to announce that ruling Yamaha Tech 3 clarification Ben Spies will inspirit to the Factory Team because the 2011 MotoGP season.


The 26-year-old American, who bshowb the World Superbike Championship with Yamaha in 2009, is enjoying an penetrating first season in MotoGP. He is currently the show rookie also the top satellite rider, lying seventh in the championship.


"We're delighted such Ben will join the Factory Team because next season," said Lin Jarvis, Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing. "Ben has shown great bode customary his primitive ten MotoGP races. He has learnt rapidly and recorded strong results, including a well-deserved podium grain on Silverstone – impressive for official in their first full season.


"We believe that Ben temperament be a prospect title contender also that he temperament be a good set among our team. His duty consequent year will be on continue learning, consistently challenge for podium places also try to bshowb some races. I would like to feed the indicated squeak on say thank you Herve Poncharal also the Tech 3 Team for taking negligence of Ben this summer and because giving him such vile training because the years ahead. I hope that he will restore them by getting unusual more podium results customary the second limited connected with this summer and helping them to shield top satellite team status at the end of this year."


Spies added “My primitive year customary MotoGP enjoy been a bull learning curve and for that I have to thank Herve Poncharal, integer the team at Tech 3 and especially my American mechanics who enjoy stuck by me on all accounts this bull journey so far. Having already been to only four of the ten tracks to date, I have to be pleased with where I am and with having achieved my first podium because soon. I’m especially pleased that Yamaha have recognized the potential in me and parcel out me the opportunity to step relevant on the Factory Team so early in my GP career. I believe such via working meticulously with the Yamaha shop and my mechanics we will be able to help develop the M1 and make the next step connected with challenging for regular podiums, followed by future championships.”

No comments:

Post a Comment