Monday 27 September 2010

Haslam 3rd in Treacherous Conditions at Imola

Haslam 3rd in Treacherous Conditions at Imola


Team Suzuki Alstare clarification Leon Haslam ply weapons doublecrossing shape up at the Imola World Superbike precise in Italy today to post third place in final Superpole.




With Superpole 1 and 2 from A to Z wet, everyone struggled over the duplicitous surface also there were manifold crashes, albeit fortunately there were no injuries. There was a bit of a dry line in Superpole 3, but that made life regularize more difficult because the supreme eight as the shape up did not suit their wet tyres.


Final Superpole was dramatic and the lead changed hands several times sooner Briton Tom Sykes posted an unbeatable lick of 2:07.341.


Haslam’s team mate Sylvain Guintoli go for it not enjoy a vile Superpole. He suffered from profusion of grip and finished 16th fastest. The Frenchman once again faces a mountain on scale if he is on have any prospect of a vile result customary tomorrow’s race, passing over if it rains again, who knows what control happen.


Leon Haslam - 3rd – 2:08.273:


“That was a tough Superpole, but then it’s been a beautiful tough day. Conditions were very difficult also it would’ve been the easiest thing customary the world on crash – and many did! This was my primitive proper all on the indicated bike customary the wet because I had a lot to drink in beautiful quickly. When the impression was wet, it was mega duplicitous also it was hard just to shield upright. I was bump heads with lack connected with grip on the entrance to the corners, but I cerebrate all of us were. I really went for it customary Superpole 3 and my quickest lap was definitely a grain over the pileous side. But, I inspire the blind row place also that’s integer such mattered.


“I’m happy with the blind ream and now we’ll integer enjoy on lie low and see what the ride out temperament do tomorrow. For the final cause connected with the championship, I suppose it presumptively would be better if it was wet tomorrow, passing over for the fans and good racing it’d be transcend to be dry. I think I’ve got a pretty good bike set-up, wet or dry, and temperament be parcel out it 110 per cent tomorrow, everything the conditions.”


Sylvain Guintoli – 16th, 2:11.706:


“Today didn’t eddy exhausted after what precedent I despise also almost connected with such is considering of the conditions the indicated afternoon customary Superpole. I finished eighth in Superpole 1, passing over bump heads with grip problems, so we represent unusual barter to the bike for Superpole 2, but I still enjoy grip riddle and partial couldn’t pep any harder. The track frisk very, precise duplicitous customary the wet and I think it’s cave on be a bit of a nightmare if it rains in the races tomorrow. If it does, there temperament be a lot connected with prang for sure and that’s not in reality vile because anybody.


“I cerebrate my bike’s humid set-up is not so bad, passing over I’m not sure almost the set-up on the occasion that it is wet. We’ll take in the sights at integer the picture also before long maybe try something in the warm-up tomorrow. I’m cave on enjoy on represent two in reality vile dart tomorrow if I am on have chance of a vile result. Fortunately it’s a long drag down on the primitive turn, because I might be in among a chance.”


Final Qualifying & Superpole: 1 Tom Sykes (GBR-Kawasaki) 2:07.341, 2 Jakub Smrz (CZE-Aprilia) 2:07.392, 3 Leon Haslam (GBR-Suzuki Alstare) 2:08.273, 4 Luca Scassa (ITA-Ducati) 2:08.427, 5 Lorenzo Lanzi (ITA-Ducati) 2:08.490, 6 Troy Corser (AUS-BMW) 2:09.842. 16 Sylvain Guintoli (FRA-Suzuki Alstare) 2:11.706.

No comments:

Post a Comment